Friday, May 27, 2011

Tasty meal ideas for Candida "challengers"...

I hate being called a "sufferer" - even if I am suffering!  So I'm calling myself Candida challenged.  Not to fear!  As I sip my refreshing mint tea (made using REAL mint - true - grab some mint leaves, give them a good wash, dry and then put into hot water - fabulously refreshing!)

I have some tasty meal ideas to share to my fellow challengers:

1. Spinach, Tomato, Basil & Onion scrambled egg omelet - chop up onion & garlic - add salt & pepper (remember to use fresh peppercorns and rock salt - then grind) and butter to a pan and fry until onion is cooked.  Chop up tomatoes into small pieces and add with some chopped spinach to the pan - fry for a few minutes.  Whisk eggs together (2 is plenty for one person) and add mixing in with all the ingredients.  Then let sit for 5 minutes - turn over to ensure all sides are cooked.  Tasty!

 2. Rice cakes with avocado & tuna - chop up some sesame seeds, tomato, cucumber, celery, tuna and avocado.  Mix into a bowl with a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice to taste.  (I use tuna in springwater - no added sugar or nasties!).  Once mixed together put on top of your rice cakes for a delicious snack or lunch. Yummmmy!

3. Really veggie chicken soup! - you can use any vegetables you like but this is how I do it.  In a large saucepan, put in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt & pepper and vegie stock (gluten, sugar free).  Put in some garlic, onion and capsicum (I use red, green & yellow for flavour and colour).  Fry up until all vegies are cooked.  You can really smell the flavour at this stage so adjust as you wish.  Then add other vegetables such as carrot, broccoli, zucchini, celery (include the leaves as they add flavour and texture), bok choy, etc.  Put in some filtered water to cover all the vegetables and simmer on low heat.  Usually takes about 30 minutes to really cook through.  You can leave as is or blend so it is more of smoother texture (be careful blending if it's still hot though).  Once ready to serve, for some extra "something" add some lime, avocado & pine nuts on top.  I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment