Friday, May 20, 2011

READY SET GO...

I was just diagnosed with chronic candida.  It makes sense after so long on antibiotics for chronic tonsillitis.  I'm also a sugar addict.  So I'm about to embark on a lifestyle change...not a DIET - a long-term "forever" change.  It will start really strict and as I get better, I will start to re-introduce foods.

I think I can easily give up the alcohol, I'm confident I won't miss breads and cakes...but my daily dose of chocolate?  That's going to be really hard to say farewell to!   

I am now 40 and feel so much older.  It's no longer about the 20 kg overweight I am - it's about health.  I want to FEEL well...I want to bounce out of bed...I don't want to emotionally eat chocolate to make me feel better because it doesn't.  So I'm taking my power back.  I'm ready.

This is the start of an interesting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment